Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mississippi Gulf Coast



This is the map I created for the Mississippi Gulf Coast or deliverable 1. This map shows the bathymetric and land elevations for the three coastal counties. I used the blue to represent the lower pixels and light green to represent higher pixels in the elevation. I have also in the past used hill shades to accent the deeper water channels on other maps. I did not use it in this map, but I think it would really visually bring out the depth of water running through the counties. I used small buildings to represent the places layer. I had some issue finding the scale that I liked on this map. From a larger scale of the map it showed more area of the counties, but made it hard to see the details of the rivers and places. I decided to zoom in on the counties to show the details of the coast and wetlands. I used a second layer to represent the full extent of the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment