Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Infrastructure and health facility flooding on Mississippi Coast



This is the map I created for the infrastructure and health facility flooding in the three counties or deliverable 4. This map shows the flooded land in Hancock, Harrison, and Jackson County. It also has roads, railroads, and hospitals layers. I had some difficulty pulling the major highways and interstates out the road layer. There were 39,972 records in the attributes of the road layer. I used select by attributes for the field "Pretype" in the road layer. I selected USHY, HWY, I, and STHY and created a new road layer. This took a long time to process because there were so many records. I did not use the elevation layer in this map because there were so many other layers being used and I wanted to keep the map simple. I used a bright color for the flooded land to make the highways, churches, and hospitals stand out over the layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment